California Partnership Platform for 2008:
** Promote a budget that reflects the values and needs of all Californians, and restores the state and federal governmentís human infrastructure needs.
1. Defend and act against proposed cuts in the state budget in the areas of welfare, healthcare and childcare.
2. Defend and act against cuts in welfare, healthcare and childcare programs due to federal law changes.
3. Advocate for parent-friendly policies in the state implementation of the federal welfare changes, including seeking policies to increase access to educational and employment opportunities.
**Promote a proactive agenda that will expand health coverage, especially to all of Californiaís children, and create building blocks for universal coverage.
Advocate for policies that work to eliminate barriers and promote health access for all Californians.
** Protect the right of all no-income and low-income Californians to housing, food security, workplace protections, educational and income equity and humane immigration policies.
Support membersí campaigns in the areas mentioned above.
**Support membersí efforts to build power in low-income communities.
1. Encourage member organizations to engage in movement-building voter education and mobilization campaigns.
2. Facilitate effective coordinated actions at the local, state and national level.
3. Provide trainings, educational tools and technical assistance to build the capacity of member organizations.
The following principles help to guide CAPís work:
Recognizing the importance of tax fairness, civic engagement, racial equity and leadership development in accomplishing our priorities, CAP highlights these activities in all the work we do.